Other Local Support Groups
All listings are subject to change. Please contact the providers for up-to-date information. If you find any additional support groups, please let us know so that we can add them to this resource list.
- The Compassionate Friends - For information about this organization's Atlanta chapters, click on the link above.
- Emory Decatur Hospital, Infant Bereavement Support Group - For those patients who experience a loss of their infant, please contact Rachel's Gift. This organization sponsors an Infant Loss Support Group at our main hospital campus. A support group is held monthly at the Emory Decatur Hospital Women's Center. Phone number: (470) 278-1956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Embrace Ministry, Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church - Embrace is a ministry that embraces families who have lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant death. Embrace provides comfort, support, and education. The mission of All Embrace, Inc. is to embrace all families, regardless of faith, who have lost a child from miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant death. While operating within Roman Catholic values, Embrace surrounds families with God’s love through compassionate support, honoring their baby’s life and integrating the loss into their family. Contact ministry leaders Matt and Gail by emailing allembraceIHM@gmail.com.
- Empty Arms Matter Friends/Empathy Group. An all women friends/empathy group for women who have experienced child loss at any stage from pregnancy forward: miscarriage, stillbirth, childhood through adulthood loss. This group is a friends social gathering where ladies with the common interest of child loss can come together for a casual evening of supportive fellowship and refreshments with other ladies who truly to understand that Empty Arms Matter. Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of each month (starting March 2019), 6:30-8:30 p.m., Lazy D Farms, 848 Bishop Road, Ball Ground, GA 30107. To register, email Susan Watkins, email@example.com. Visit our Facebook page: Empty Arms Matter/Friends and Empathy Group.
- Gwinnett Medical Center – Perinatal Loss Support Group - If the unthinkable happens and you lose your baby, the Gwinnett Women’s Pavilion, 665 Duluth Highway, Lawrenceville, GA 30046. provides a grief support group for you. Our Perinatal Loss Support Group meets once a month in the Maple Room at the GMC Resource Center. For more information, contact Tonya Lowry at (678) 312-4786.
- Kate's Club - Kate’s Club is a non-profit organization that empowers children and teens facing life after the death of a parent or sibling. Support focuses directly on teaching communication skills, grief coping strategies and life skills. Saturday and Sunday Support Service programs for children and teens include art therapy, music therapy, recreation therapy and circus arts. Holiday H.U.G.S. (Healing, Understanding and Giving Support) was created for the difficult times of the year when our children and their families need additional support (Siblings Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and the Winter Holidays). Park Bench is a monthly support group for surviving parents and caregivers.
- The Link Counseling Center - Bereavement Support Groups for children/teens age 4-19. Support groups are provided for children and teens who have experienced a death. A variety of therapeutic activities including music, art, play and storytelling are incorporated into the group sessions to facilitate each child’s unique process of grieving and healing. Phone number: (404) 256-9797.
- Piedmont Hospital - Infant Bereavement Support Group - For parents, families and friends who have experienced a loss through miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death. Meets second Thursday of each month in the Foundation Education Center from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Phone number: (770) 320-7059.
- Rachel's Gift - Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group - Rachel's Gift Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support Groups offer compassionate and professional support after the loss of a child to miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant death. All groups are available free of charge thanks to community donations. Click on the link above for meeting location and times.
- Rock Goodbye Angel - Provides weekly peer support group meetings for bereaved parents and families that have experienced pregnancy loss and early infant loss. Grief support videos are on their YouTube channel for free. A Facebook live support check in available on Wednesdays and Sunday’s. Pastoral counseling services are also available via phone or Face Time (at a reduced rate during the time of the COVID-19 pandemic).
- SHARE Pregnancy and Infant Loss (Atlanta Chapter) - Nonprofit organization that offers local support groups, online message boards, workshops, and memorial opportunities. Phone number: (770) 928-9603,
- Baby Center -This website includes an entire section dedicated to community groups. There are a various support groups that you can explore and join pertaining to pregnancy and infant loss.
- C.L.I.M.B. (Center for Loss in Multiple Birth) - Made up of parents throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and beyond who have experienced the death of one or more, both or all of their twins or higher multiples at any time from conception through birth, infancy and childhood.
- The Compassionate Friends (TCF) – Online Support (Live Chat): Pregnancy and Infant Loss Room, Fridays, 8:00 p.m. EST. Use the previous link and scroll down to the day/time listings. Note that sometimes support may not be available depending upon moderator scheduling. TCF Facebook Community
- GriefShare - A friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. To find a group or event near you, click on the link above. Thousands of groups meet weekly around the world. Visit or join a group at anytime. And attend as many meetings as you like.
- H.A.N.D. (Helping Hand After Neonatal Death) - Reaches out to families who have lost a baby. Support groups exist in California for families living in the counties of Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, and parts of San Benito and San Joaquin.
- MISS Foundation: A Community of Compassion and Hope for Grieving Families and support services.
- The Star Legacy Foundation - Provides live, online support groups for families who have experienced a perinatal loss and for individuals experiencing a pregnancy after a loss. Groups are held via HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing and facilitated by trained health professionals. Registration required for first session only.
- Swell Mamas: Life After Loss - Swell Mamas is an invitation only group for support, comfort and love as you move forward but not on from your loss.