SIDS & Infant Loss
- Action for Stillbirth Awareness & Prevention (A.S.A.P.) - ASAP is a coalition to stop stillbirth
- After Baby Loss - The story of a couple that lost their baby after a long journey in the NICU; many within the Indian community (and beyond) may find the resources highlighted here helpful.
- American SIDS Institute - A national nonprofit health care organization, is dedicated to the prevention of sudden infant death and the promotion of infant health through an aggressive, comprehensive nationwide program of research about both the cause of sudden infant death and methods of prevention, education about prevention methods for the public and medical community, and family support by providing answers to parents’ questions in a straightforward and sensitive manner.
- First Candle - First Candle is dedicated to reducing the rates of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Sudden Unexpected Infant Death and preventable Stillbirths by educating caregivers and families, and supporting research. We are also committed to offering bereavement support for grieving families. Bilingual Crisis Counselors Available 24 Hours a Day: 1-800-221-7437 (410-653-8226)
- SIDS America - SIDS America is a national, faith-based, nonprofit organization that provides hope, help, and healing to families grieving the loss of a child to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome by rallying local financial & emotional support within the communities of these families and providing grief support, prayer, financial assistance, and awareness. They offer an array of services and support to families who have suffered the death of a baby to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
- The Star Legacy Foundation - Provides live, online support groups for families who have experienced a perinatal loss and for individuals experiencing a pregnancy after a loss. Groups are held via HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing and facilitated by trained health professionals. Registration required for first session only.
- Wisconsin Stillbirth Service Program (WiSSP) - Dedicated to serving families who experience the tragedy of stillbirth and the professionals who care for them - in Wisconsin and throughout the world.
- Empty Cradle, Broken Heart (Davis) The heartache of miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant death affects thousands of U.S. families every year. Empty Cradle, Broken Heart offers reassurance to parents who struggle with anger, guilt, and despair after such tragedy. Deborah Davis encourages grieving and makes suggestions for coping. The book includes information on issues such as the death of one or more babies from a multiple birth, pregnancy interruption, and the questioning of aggressive medical intervention. There is also a special chapter for fathers as well as a chapter on "protective parenting" to help anxious parents enjoy their precious living children. Doctors, nurses, relatives, friends, and other support persons can gain special insight. Most importantly, parents facing the death of a baby will find necessary support in this gentle guide. If reading this book moves you to cry, try to accept this reaction. Your tears merge with those of other grieving parents. You are not alone!
- Ended Beginnings (Panuthos & Romeo) Infertility, miscarriage, sudden infant death, abortion, adoption, premature or traumatic birth, and help for grieving children.
- The Good Grief Club (Novak) The Good Grief Club is the true story of seven women who discover that their new friendships have the power to heal the pain of losing their babies in miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant death. One by one, fate weaves their lives together in the wake of tragedy misunderstood by those around them. Set around support group meetings and restaurant rendezvous, these seven soul sisters find a new normal. Through tears and anger, compassion and laughter, late nights and French toast, the sun slowly emerges from the darkness bringing with it love, hope, and healing as, together, they rebuild their lives.
- Help, Comfort, and Hope after Losing Your Baby in Pregnancy or the First Year (Lothrop) Miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal death, sudden infant death, and termination of pregnancy.
- Mourning Sickness (edited by Martin & Loren) 49 contributors (many of them award-winning writers) share their personal journeys through miscarriage, stillbirth and infant death.